Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Washington DC with Family


Kevin's sister Kami and his parents came out to visit us.
We had lots of fun showing them the sites of the DC area.

Thursday
The monuments and a Japanese performance.

We started with the Smithsonian Castle while we waited for the Tamagawa University Taiko Drumming and Dance Troupe to perform in front of the Freer Gallery.


The Castle looked so good with all the magnolia blossoms.


Taiko Drumming and Dance Troupe

This was a ton of fun to watch...They were amazing!
The performers had such energy and enthusiasm. The drums were so powerful, it would send vibrations throughout your body.  I wish we had time to stay for the entire hour long performance.





We were able to see the cherry blossoms the day just before they peeked.
It was a cold and cloudy day and not too many people...It was perfect!






View of Arlington House from the Jefferson Memorial




Friday

First, we did a session at the DC Temple.
Kami just recently went through for herself and I loved being able to attend the temple with her.  I love that this beautiful girl is in my life!


We stopped for lunch at Continental Pizza.  A friend of mine had recommended it to me. I had the chicken souvlaki on a pita and it was amazing!


National Cathedral
I just love coming here, it is really breathtaking! 


Georgetown
We stopped to see historic Georgetown before heading back home.
This is one awesome place.  I had only driven through once before, it was fun to stop and walk the streets a little.  We stopped in and loaded up on Sprinkles Cupcakes.  We got a variety to take home to everyone and had a Sprinkles cupcake taste test.
 I loved each one that I tried...yum!




We went home on George Washington Parkway and Georgetown Pike.  Two of my most favorite roads in the area...They make me happy!

~ April 9 & 10, 2015 ~

No comments: