Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fall colors in Japan


Oirase Gorge

Fall is a favorite time of year for our family. We love to see the trees as they start to change their colors. Oirase Gorge did not disappoint.  Beautiful trees, waterfalls, and moss covered forest paths.
The strange thing that we noticed near the end of our trip was, no animals.  We've never been to a forest and not seen some kind of critter. I know they have monkeys here, even though we've yet to see one. We were really surprised by the lack of wildlife.



















Lake Towada

The waters of the lake run down through Oirase Gorge.
We have never seen clearer water in a lake.  The kids dropped a piece of their granola bar in the water and watched for what seemed like forever before it disappeared into the darkness.
So peaceful and beautiful!





~ October 17, 2015 ~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oirase Gorge looks beautiful! I love a good waterfall and river to look at. What a fun time your family had! And Lake Towada looks breathtaking! I agree with you when you said it was peaceful, I can tell just by looking at your amazing photos!

Unknown said...

Oirase Gorge looks beautiful! I love a good waterfall and river to look at. What a fun time your family had! And Lake Towada looks breathtaking! I agree with you when you said it was peaceful, I can tell just by looking at your amazing photos!