Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Move In Day #2

Our stuff arrives in Japan...
it was a complete blur it all happened so fast!

When the Japanese say they will be there at a certain time, they show up on time or maybe 5 minutes early.

7:30 am:  The crew showed up to take away the loaner furniture.  It took them 30 minutes to disassemble and head out the door.

7:55: The kids head off to school

This picture was the last peaceful moment I had that day, or even for the next week as I worked to put the house in order.  It's the only picture I was able to take, which I'm sad about.  I wish I could have taken a time lapse of the whole thing...It was crazy how fast they got us all unpacked.


8:00 am to 11:30: The movers came and they marked rooms with numbers. They had a crew unpacking and unwrapping in the apartment hallway. Then an additional 4-5 guys started to bring it all in. As they did they would ask which number it was supposed to go.  To say it was overwhelming was an understatement!
At 10:30 they took a 30 minute break and Kevin showed up to see how things were going and I was so glad he did.  The last hour was the craziest as they continued to bring things in and then unpacked all our boxes.  It took them 3 1/2 hours to complete the whole job! That included putting all the beds and furniture together.  I wanted to cry and have them take all our stuff back!  
However, I got over the experience and was truly amazed by how quickly the Japanese movers were and how good of a job they did.

After they left, Kevin and I went out to grab a quick lunch before he had to get back to work. It helped to remove myself and shake off the stress before getting to work putting everything away and in its place.  
I'm never at peace until my house is in order, and I think it helps the kids adjust faster if they can can have their new home actually feel like home.


Here is the tour or the place....

Entry

 Living Room



 Dinning Room


 Kitchen






Hall to Master, Izzy's room, & Game room

Master bedroom


 Master Bath
so cozy;)

 Izzy's room



Izzy's Bathroom



 Kids Game room


Family Room





Back porch and pet area.
Elka is so good to only do her business on her plastic grass;)



Second kitchen turned into our laundry room




Hall to the Boys rooms

Cole's room
He has the second master and with a queen bed he has tons of space!



Cole's Bathroom


Ethan's room


 Ashton's room


 Ethan and Ashton's Bathroom 



 That's our military apartment in Japan!


~ October 2, 2015 ~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your new place looks fantastic! Lots of room aND you have decorated it so cute! I love that the 2nd kitchen is a laundry room... how clever! And most of the kids have their own bathroom? Awesome! Thanks for letting me have a peak into your life. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your new place looks fantastic! Lots of room aND you have decorated it so cute! I love that the 2nd kitchen is a laundry room... how clever! And most of the kids have their own bathroom? Awesome! Thanks for letting me have a peak into your life. Miss you!