Friday, June 5, 2009

Aloha!

Our Oahu Vacation!

Day 1


We just got back yesterday from our vacation on Oahu. It was so great! We arrived late Wednesday night so the kids couldn't see much. When they awoke the next day they saw the beach and couldn't wait to get in the ocean.

This was our back yard for the whole week! The fence lead us to the most quiet beach on the North Shore. There was hardly anyone on it the whole time we were there. It was great.

The water was warm and the waves were just right for the little kids. We couldn't have had a better beach.


We were so happy to see Cole that morning, it had been 6 days sense we saw him last. Ethan And Izzy missed him so much. We all did. After swimming all morning long we took Ethan and Izzy over to the pineapple plantation to ride the train. It was fun and Ethan loved every minute.


Dole Pineapple Plantation



Day 2

I woke up before anyone else, and Ashton and I sat on the beach and enjoyed this beautiful sunrise(one of many). I just love to listen to the surf and watch the crabs. So relaxing!



Kevin caught me on camera!

Cole caught a crab to show me. I was told by my Dad this was one of his favorite things to do while he was there. We had to say goodbye to everyone later that morning. It was hard to have Cole leave, I had missed him so much. However, he was excited to get to St. George and see his cousins.





Polynesian Cultural Center

We had fun weaving fish on a pole, watching someone climb a coconut tree, getting a tattoo, and all the shows about the different islands. The PCC was right across the street from the house we rented, so all we had to do was walk over. The kids had fun there, but Ethan couldn't wait to get back to the beach.



Day4



Wiamea Falls


It was so fun to swim in the falls. Ethan and I went first then Kevin and Ethan. Izzy decided the water was too cold. It was cold, but after the walk up to the falls, the water felt great.



Day 5


Laie Point


We took a drive around the island. We started at Laie Point, which was just up from the beach where we were staying. After we took our drive, Kevin and I decided that the best place on Oahu is Laie and the North shore! You'll never find a more beautiful and relaxing place on the island.



Day 7


Bye Bye Beach!



Shaved Ice

Haleiwa, on the north shore, has the best shaved ice.

We wanted to keep going back for more.

It's great, they put vanilla ice cream on the bottom. Yum!




Pearl Harbor



The last thing we saw was the USS Arizona Memorial. It was a sobering experience! I can't put into words what we felt when we walked through the doors. I cried as I look over the edge and saw the ship beneath the water. All those lives lost. They died for us, so we could have the freedom that we enjoy each and every day. I am thankful to all those who have given their lives and continue to risk their lives for our country.


It made me feel proud to be an American.


This was only the high lights, there was so much more!


We had the best vacation!
We are home for one day and then we are off again to Lake Powell.

5 comments:

Jen J. said...

How fun! I love the beautiful sunset on the beach. Hawaii is one place I'd like to go someday. I'm glad you all had a great time!

jilliebean said...

Sound like you had fun!

Gunnell Fam said...

That looks so wonderful! You took some great pictures. Good memories. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! It looked so relaxing and fun. Thanks for sharing all your pcitures! Made me want to go there even more! Have fun at Lake Powell. Summer hasn't treated you too bad, eh? :)

Elizabeth said...

WOW Jill!! What great pics! Makes me totally want to rent that house now! :) I will work on Scott for sure! You hit all my fav. places too!! I forgot to tell you though to go to K'ua Aina Sandwich right across from Matsumotos..dang it! Sorry! I can't wait to hear how LP is also! We go in two weeks...:)
Thanks for sharing your vacay..what a great time you had. It also looks like Cole had a blast with his grandparents. What a special time.