Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Colvin Run Mill & Great falls Sunday Drive

We had Regional Conference that Sunday which we decided to skip and have some family time.  We took a Sunday drive out to Great Fall NP.  Kevin had not yet been there.
Of course it wouldn't be a Sunday drive for me unless there was some penny candy was involved.  That's what we did a lot when I was growing up. We'd go on a relaxing drive on the back roads with a little treat...such a fun tradition for me.  My kids love it too.

Penny Candy in mind, our favorite place is Colvin Run Mill.  We've been there only 4 times over the last year, but we are very memorable.  The lady that works there, always remembers us...I hope that is a good thing:)  The kids filled there little brown paper bag with a dollar worth of treats and we headed down the road to Great Falls.

The road we took is, Georgetown Pike.  
This is another one of my favorite roads out here in NOVA. 
 I will go out of my way just to drive down this thick tree lined, windy road.




Beautiful day for our walk about... 


The levels of the Potomac River floods from the past.  
I truly can't believe how high this river can flood.







 

Saw our first Copper Head snake taking in the warm sun along the Potomac Canal.
You don't want to surprise one of these guys!
Lucky Izzy saw it way before she could have stepped on it.  


~ April 26, 2015 ~

No comments: