Friday, December 26, 2014

Monticello

My parents came to visit at the end of October and celebrate Halloween with us, but mostly we wanted to see the sites.  
My mom and I share a love for the birth of our country, american history, and old historic homes.  This was her first trip out to visit since our move to Virginia, she and I decided that we wanted to see Monticello together.

The kids were in school and Kevin had to work.  He can't have any days off unless they are government holidays.  We missed having him along.
So it was a day trip with just the three of us and it was just what this girl needed!
Kids are fun to take to things and sometimes they just aren't! 

We drove through the Virginia country side ripe with autumn colors. At this point in the fall the bright red color was just peeking.  It was just under a 3 hour drive from my house to Charlottesville to get to the home of Thomas Jefferson...

Monticello















~ October 30, 2014 ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool that you got to see this! And I love that you went in the fall since all the leaves are turning. It looks so pretty!